These are just a few reasons to see a Naturopathic Doctor (ND). The list is presented by the OAND (Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors), one of the professional organizations in Canada for NDs.
10 Reasons to See an ND
- Rather than focusing on a symptom, Naturopathic Doctors focus on determining the cause of illness or disease and restoring health.
- Naturopathic Doctors take the time to build relationships with patients.
- Naturopathic treatments are often the least invasive.
- Naturopathic Doctors are trained to diagnose and treat most common illnesses and diseases for your whole family.
- Naturopathic Doctors understand food as medicine.
- Naturopathic training is extensive and in-depth.
- Naturopathic Medicine have few side effects and Naturopathic Doctors are trained to identify any possible drug/herb interactions based on the patient’s existing medications.
- Naturopathic Doctors select from different treatment modalities for effective healing.
- Most therapies used by Naturopathic Doctors have a long history of use and with history comes knowledge of safety and effectiveness.
- Naturopathic Doctors primarily promote strategies to prevent chronic illness and disease. Patients are actively involved in taking charge of their health.
“Naturopathic Doctors focus on determining the cause of illness or disease and restoring health.”
In Ontario, Naturopathic Doctors are regulated health-care practitioners. Visits to naturopathic doctors are typically an hour in length, and involve standard medical diagnostic assessments as well as a range of therapies including lifestyle counselling, nutrition, botanical medicine, Asian medicine, homeopathic medicine, and hydrotherapy.